AOL is one of the commonly used email clients and is known for its extraordinary emailing features. To use its services, you need to create an account and lock it down with a strong password. It is also possible that you might forget your email password and are not able to log in. You can get in touch with AOL Support Number to talk to the technicians about the technical issue you are facing with AOL.
Following are the steps which need to be followed to recover the lost password for your AOL account:
1. Firstly check the browser you often use to access your AOL account. Sometimes the browser you use to login to your email account, it saves the username and password. If you have saved the password of your AOL account in your browser, you can easily recover it later. The next time you will log in to your AOL account, it will automatically fill the saved password as you enter your username.
2. AOL gives the option to reset the password of your account in case you don’t remember it. To reset the password, go through the steps provided below:
- Go to the login page of the AOL via any browser.
- Click on the ‘Sign in’ option and type the AOL username.
- Click ‘Next’ and then click on the option ‘Forgot Password’.
- Type the AOL username again and press ‘Next’.
- Enter the phone number linked with your AOL account and then press ‘Next’.
- AOL will send you a verification code which will be used to reset your password.
- You can receive the code via a text message or a phone call.
- After receiving the code, enter it into the correct space.
- Click ‘Next’ and then type the new password you want to set for your AOL account and click ‘Save’.
3. To reset the password, you also have the option to use an alternative email address as follows:
- Select the link ‘Email me a link to reset the password’.
- Click ‘Next’ and you will be provided with a reset link at your recovery email address.
- Click on the reset link you have received in your email address and set the new password for your AOL account.
- After resetting the password, click ‘Save’ to save the changes made.
4. You can also choose to answer security questions of your AOL account to reset the password. Answer the security questions and click ‘Next’. If you have correctly answered the questions, you can easily reset the password of your AOL account.
If these steps didn’t help you, you can reach out to us at AOL Customer Service Number for professional help by the technical executives.